On Sunday morning mia_mcdavid and our son James left here for a road trip. They drove to Michigan, to see Mia’s mother and other relatives. I have been alone here, except for the cat, who apparently regards me primarily as her servant. So what have I been doing? Continue reading
At the breakfast table this morning this subject came up, so I decided to put together this collection. It did not take long:
- AntiAntiVax: The Truth About The Evils Of Vaccination. A summary of the real medical evidence.
- Why do media report ‘the other side’ of scientific fact? by haddayr
- 5 Things The Media Loves Pretending Are News.
- An Epidemic of Fear: How Panicked Parents Skipping Shots Endangers Us All
- Jenny McCarthy: spreading more dangerous misinformation
- Why Does the Vaccine/Autism Controversy Live On?”
Also, I have a big personal issue with the idea that anecdotes and media fluff are the same as real science: Back in the ’90’s somebody who followed that stuff once suggested that I had abused my children.
I try not to think too much about the IRS, and hope that they do likewise in return. But there is no avoiding the subject.
I had to go to work on Sunday. That was the best part of it.