I started using computers in February of 1967, when I took a Saturday class for high school students at the Illinois Institute of Technology. I continued to work with them through college and graduate school. In 1977 I got my first “real” job as a programmer/analyst at what was then the First National Bank of Chicago. So began a career in Information Technology which ended with my retirement from the Hennepin County Information Technology Department in 2018. Even in retirement I spend a lot of time with computers, looking to improve my understanding of how they work and how to use them.
- Posts about Computers
- Posts about Linux
- Posts about Slackware Linux
- Posts about Microsoft Windows
Some partcular posts.
- Another Undead Computer Language
- The Lifetimes of Programming Languages
- Computing as it was. “Real Programmers use Fortran.”
- Computer Necromancer
- The extra hour
- Note to self. Do not ever, under any circumstances, use Microsoft Word as an HTML editor!