For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by ancient history and archaeology. Back in high school I spent many hours at the Oriental Institute. It is still a priority when I visit Chicagoland.
Links to some pictures I took many years ago:
Some of my posts about ancient history.
- The origins of the Indo-Europeans
- Hittite Iron
- A Newly Discovered Hittite City
- The Archaeology of Armageddon
- Large Scale Engineering in the Bronze Age
- Minoan and Mycenaean, Matriarchy and Patriarchy
- News from the Bronze Age
- Lost to History No More
- Found in the Citadel of Tiryns
- Life in Late Bronze Age Greece
- From Bronze to Iron
- The Sea Peoples,….
- Writing history
- Dark Age Greece
- His/Her Story: A landed woman
- A techie note from church
- The Most Dysfunctional Family in History. The Ptolemies.
- Kingship and sacrifice in ancient Ireland
- Archaeology and the Druids
- A Death in Pagan Britain
- On this day in 53 B.C….. Carrhae.
- Why the Germans do not speak a Romance language. Also see A Novel of Ancient Rome.
- The drink that powered the Roman Empire
- Notes on the ancient Roman world. Slavery in the Roman world.
- The End of the Britains. When the Romans left.