- Why M82’s New Supernova Excites Astronomers
- Supernova Alert!
- Supernova in M82 Keeps Brightening
- Bright New Supernova Blows Up in Nearby M82, the Cigar Galaxy
- Hot News! Supernova in M82
- KABOOM! Nearby Galaxy M82 Hosts a New Supernova!
- Earth-shattering kabooms: A supernova in our lifetimes? Actually the forces involved are far beyond those available to Marvin the Martian. See Lethal Neutrinos.
- Bryan Gaensler, as I mentioned here, suggested some of the consequences:
This shows the role of luck in scientific discovery:
a team of researchers serendipitously observed ball lightning at a time when they had the right equipment to study it. Jianyong Cen, Ping Yuan, and Simin Xue were in the field measuring the properties of ordinary lightning when they happened to catch ball lightning with both their high-speed cameras and their spectrographs
Irish Class, January 13, 2014
Rang Gaeilge, 13ú lá mí Eanáir 2014
This is what I would expect if the experiment were actually performed.