Tag Archives: tom
Vaccines and autism: Collected links
At the breakfast table this morning this subject came up, so I decided to put together this collection. It did not take long:
- AntiAntiVax: The Truth About The Evils Of Vaccination. A summary of the real medical evidence.
- Why do media report ‘the other side’ of scientific fact? by haddayr
- 5 Things The Media Loves Pretending Are News.
- An Epidemic of Fear: How Panicked Parents Skipping Shots Endangers Us All
- Jenny McCarthy: spreading more dangerous misinformation
- Why Does the Vaccine/Autism Controversy Live On?”
This is not an academic issue for me and mia_mcdavid.
Also, I have a big personal issue with the idea that anecdotes and media fluff are the same as real science: Back in the ’90’s somebody who followed that stuff once suggested that I had abused my children.
A good Sunday
Stocking the organ banks
We have a couple old computer monitors waiting to be properly recycled. Since I am finding myself more interested in electronics lately I decided to save any useful components. Following the advice here, I was well aware of the dangers. So I took a screwdriver and made a probe for discharging any lingering high voltage: Continue reading
A good Easter
Good Friday, Holy Saturday
We went to the Good Friday Service at St. Mary’s last night. Continue reading
Deep in the heart of taxes
I try not to think too much about the IRS, and hope that they do likewise in return. But there is no avoiding the subject.